
Simple Water Boost Cleansing Wipes, $7, target.com
By Rachel Nussbaum
FROM Glamour
[post_ads]It's the middle of the night and you wake up groggy. You're on the couch. The bed is two thousand miles away, but after anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours of thinking about it, you muster up the energy to make it back to your bed. Washing your face doesn't even factor into the equation, but it's fine. You know what you're not going to do? Wake up and face your mistakes, because you thought ahead. You have face wipes on your nightstand waiting for this very moment, and they're the good kind—ones that wipe off your makeup and don't leave your skin dry or sticky feeling. A 30-second swipe across your face, and you're back to sleep. With the options below, the phrase "rest assured" takes on new meaning, because our testers swiped, slept, and now swear by each one. It's not a perfect system, of course; some guilt does come with tossing a nonbiodegradable wipe in the bin night after night, and there's no beating cleanser for helping your skin live its best life. But when you're fumbling around in the dark, it's better than nothing. Here are the best face wipes that have a permanent home in our bags and on our vanities.
"Makeup wipes typically fall in the category of 'boring but essential' to buy. But I genuinely get excited every time Simple comes out with a new wipe. The formulas are crazy gentle yet highly effective, and its latest for dry, dehydrated skin is no different. The formula contains micelles to trap makeup and dirt, along with minerals and plant extracts to keep your skin supple and hydrated. It's so good I'd bathe in it if I could." —Lindsay Schallon, senior beauty editor
Lancer Makeup Removing Wipes, $40, sephora.com
"In theory I want to love makeup-removing wipes, as I do anything that requires minimal effort, but most I've tried just don't deliver on taking off whatever I've used that day to beat my face. So I wasn't particularly hopeful about these, despite the fact that Lancer's products are legit. I tested the first individually wrapped wipe before bed, and was pleasantly surprised at how much foundation I saw melt off, and I also appreciated the soft damp tissue—no tugging here thanks to bamboo fibers. I didn't feel stinging or dryness after, likely because of the calming aloe, cucumber, and vitamin E. I still had to wash my face afterward to remove all my makeup, but these are a solid first step—or solution on nights when you're just too damn tired." —Perrie Samotin, digital deputy editor
L'Occitane Verbena Refreshing Towelettes, $14, walmart.com
"Two things determine whether I'll return to a face wipe: the smell and the dry-down. I hate anything too flowery or perfumy, and this hits all the right fresh-picked-lemons-in-Provence notes that I love. Plus, they ever-so-gently remove light makeup and grime without stripping or leaving behind a tacky residue, which I hate. I'd rather be dirty and sweaty than sticky. These glide on all cool and refreshing, and wake up my senses just as much as they wake up my skin." —Maureen Choi, contributing beauty editor
The Honey Pot Normal Personal Wipes, $10, target.com
"All my life my skin has been a trooper, totally game to try whatever I slapped on—but then, in my thirties, it got a little sensitive on me. (Payback, perhaps?) So when I was looking for a new wipe that wouldn't make me erupt in an angry rash, I wound up turning to Honey Pot. Are they for your vagina? Yes. Yes, they are. But they are meant for the most sensitive of sensitive skin. And turns out, that's good enough for the place where the sun does shine: my face." —Ellie Kiefer, contributing writer
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths, $9, target.com
"Spring allergies give me the itchiest eyes known to man, so for the past few months or so I've been rubbing my eyes nonstop. Bad news for my mascara, and my daily life, but with these wipes permanently on my desk, at least I've been able to avoid the black-eyed, 'Imperator Furiosa' look that's been my spring signature in years past. They get rid of makeup in a quick minute, and don't sting in the least." —Rachel Nussbaum, beauty writer
Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract, $6, ulta.com
"I need a wipe that can get all the makeup and grime off without making my face red. These feel great, albeit a little dry. I like how my skin feels afterward, but I still need to wash my face with cleanser and use separate eye makeup remover. So they're perfect for days when I’m not wearing makeup or after the gym" —April Long, acting beauty director
Knours In-bed Cleansing Wipes, $12, knours.net
[post_ads_2]
"Fun fact: This brand was designed to help specifically with period breakouts. But you can use these wipes all month long. They don't burn or sting; your skin feels clean, but not dried out after using them; and they're 95-percent natural. They're exactly the kind you want next to your bed at night when you're tired." —Erin Hobday, managing editor
No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes, $7, target.com
"After I take off my makeup, I look for wipes that give back to my skin what cleansing has taken away. No7 does just that. My skin doesn't feel stripped after I use it—only moisturized, hydrated, and residue-free. They're perfect for anyone who has problematic skin and needs a deep clean." —Blake Newby, beauty assistant
Patchology Clean AF On-the-Go Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes, $20, nordstrom.com
"Most face wipes are too harsh on my skin and end up turning me beet red. But not these. They actually get all your makeup off without irritation. They're more of a true cleansing wipe, so there aren't any toning or exfoliating properties. But if you're on the hunt for something gentle and hydrating, these are it." —Amanda Fitzsimons, contributing fashion editor
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes, $6, target.com
"I'm obsessed with micellar water, but traveling with it is clunky—not to mention I always run out of cotton pads. Then science geniuses figured out a way to get micelle's powerful dirt-lifting formula into a wipe. These ones by Garnier offer that same impossible-to-find combination of being gentle on sensitive skin but tough on stubborn eye makeup. No cleanser needed after. They're coming with me on all my trips this summer." —Tess Kornfeld, editorial assistant
Note: If you think this story need more information or correction, feel free to comment below your opinion and reaction.
[post_ads]It's the middle of the night and you wake up groggy. You're on the couch. The bed is two thousand miles away, but after anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours of thinking about it, you muster up the energy to make it back to your bed. Washing your face doesn't even factor into the equation, but it's fine. You know what you're not going to do? Wake up and face your mistakes, because you thought ahead. You have face wipes on your nightstand waiting for this very moment, and they're the good kind—ones that wipe off your makeup and don't leave your skin dry or sticky feeling. A 30-second swipe across your face, and you're back to sleep. With the options below, the phrase "rest assured" takes on new meaning, because our testers swiped, slept, and now swear by each one. It's not a perfect system, of course; some guilt does come with tossing a nonbiodegradable wipe in the bin night after night, and there's no beating cleanser for helping your skin live its best life. But when you're fumbling around in the dark, it's better than nothing. Here are the best face wipes that have a permanent home in our bags and on our vanities.
"Makeup wipes typically fall in the category of 'boring but essential' to buy. But I genuinely get excited every time Simple comes out with a new wipe. The formulas are crazy gentle yet highly effective, and its latest for dry, dehydrated skin is no different. The formula contains micelles to trap makeup and dirt, along with minerals and plant extracts to keep your skin supple and hydrated. It's so good I'd bathe in it if I could." —Lindsay Schallon, senior beauty editor

"In theory I want to love makeup-removing wipes, as I do anything that requires minimal effort, but most I've tried just don't deliver on taking off whatever I've used that day to beat my face. So I wasn't particularly hopeful about these, despite the fact that Lancer's products are legit. I tested the first individually wrapped wipe before bed, and was pleasantly surprised at how much foundation I saw melt off, and I also appreciated the soft damp tissue—no tugging here thanks to bamboo fibers. I didn't feel stinging or dryness after, likely because of the calming aloe, cucumber, and vitamin E. I still had to wash my face afterward to remove all my makeup, but these are a solid first step—or solution on nights when you're just too damn tired." —Perrie Samotin, digital deputy editor

"Two things determine whether I'll return to a face wipe: the smell and the dry-down. I hate anything too flowery or perfumy, and this hits all the right fresh-picked-lemons-in-Provence notes that I love. Plus, they ever-so-gently remove light makeup and grime without stripping or leaving behind a tacky residue, which I hate. I'd rather be dirty and sweaty than sticky. These glide on all cool and refreshing, and wake up my senses just as much as they wake up my skin." —Maureen Choi, contributing beauty editor

"All my life my skin has been a trooper, totally game to try whatever I slapped on—but then, in my thirties, it got a little sensitive on me. (Payback, perhaps?) So when I was looking for a new wipe that wouldn't make me erupt in an angry rash, I wound up turning to Honey Pot. Are they for your vagina? Yes. Yes, they are. But they are meant for the most sensitive of sensitive skin. And turns out, that's good enough for the place where the sun does shine: my face." —Ellie Kiefer, contributing writer

"Spring allergies give me the itchiest eyes known to man, so for the past few months or so I've been rubbing my eyes nonstop. Bad news for my mascara, and my daily life, but with these wipes permanently on my desk, at least I've been able to avoid the black-eyed, 'Imperator Furiosa' look that's been my spring signature in years past. They get rid of makeup in a quick minute, and don't sting in the least." —Rachel Nussbaum, beauty writer

"I need a wipe that can get all the makeup and grime off without making my face red. These feel great, albeit a little dry. I like how my skin feels afterward, but I still need to wash my face with cleanser and use separate eye makeup remover. So they're perfect for days when I’m not wearing makeup or after the gym" —April Long, acting beauty director

[post_ads_2]
"Fun fact: This brand was designed to help specifically with period breakouts. But you can use these wipes all month long. They don't burn or sting; your skin feels clean, but not dried out after using them; and they're 95-percent natural. They're exactly the kind you want next to your bed at night when you're tired." —Erin Hobday, managing editor

"After I take off my makeup, I look for wipes that give back to my skin what cleansing has taken away. No7 does just that. My skin doesn't feel stripped after I use it—only moisturized, hydrated, and residue-free. They're perfect for anyone who has problematic skin and needs a deep clean." —Blake Newby, beauty assistant

"Most face wipes are too harsh on my skin and end up turning me beet red. But not these. They actually get all your makeup off without irritation. They're more of a true cleansing wipe, so there aren't any toning or exfoliating properties. But if you're on the hunt for something gentle and hydrating, these are it." —Amanda Fitzsimons, contributing fashion editor

"I'm obsessed with micellar water, but traveling with it is clunky—not to mention I always run out of cotton pads. Then science geniuses figured out a way to get micelle's powerful dirt-lifting formula into a wipe. These ones by Garnier offer that same impossible-to-find combination of being gentle on sensitive skin but tough on stubborn eye makeup. No cleanser needed after. They're coming with me on all my trips this summer." —Tess Kornfeld, editorial assistant
Note: If you think this story need more information or correction, feel free to comment below your opinion and reaction.
Tags
Beauty & Style